Sunday, October 16, 2016

Bucket List Trip 2016~Day 41~ El Paso, TX to Ft. Stockton, TX

I was a looking forward to going to visit my old church.
I checked the Montana Street Church of Christ website and found it written in English
and posting time for worship at 11 a.m.
I had tried to call the number and the answer machine responded in English,
but I never got to talk to anyone. 
We had seen on Friday the sign was posted in Spanish.
When we arrived, there were no cars parked around the church.
A closer look at the sign written in Spanish and we saw the time 12:00.
I looked up 3 more churches and they had started at 10:30.
By the time we would get there, the service would be over.
So we headed on out of town.
East I 10.







 A view of Van Horn from I 10.


 We stopped in Balmorhea, TX for a break and lunch.
We first tried the location of  "Jo's Bar and Grill."
I kid you not.
The sign said "open," but the door was locked.
Just a block away was this place.
 A sign declared it as the "Cutest Restaurant in Balmorhea."






As we left Balmorhea we found some more photo opts.









And time for more football.

***************************
Follow along on our trip as I will try to post daily.
****************************************
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.