Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Faux Stamped Gift Tags



If you don't want to get into buying and storing rubber stamps to make your own gift tags, here is an idea for you.



There are a ton of fonts you can download to your computer.  I like the DaFont site for free fonts.  There are several other sites if you don't find something you like here.
For the "JOY" stamp here, I used the font called "Christmas Cheer" and the letter "e" on the keyboard.  Each letter is a different stamp. These are font sized about 150.
Here are more samples of possibilities for birthdays and Christmas.  The Easter bunny in the bottom right could be colored in with markers or coloring pencils.

***************************
Here are my directions for making these faux stamped Tags.


-Go to "Da Font" http://www.dafont.com/ (tip: set preview to look @ 100 at a time)
   or a site of your choice.
-On the "Da Font" site go to far right- I chose Christmas
      then I chose the "Christmas Cheer" font for the 'JOY' stamp you see above.

--- some other Christmas possibilities:

Woodcutter

Faux Snow

KG Christmas trees

DH Snowflakes

Christmas Lights


(For PC)

>Download font you want from the website (DaFont)
>Save to your desktop (this is my favorite place to store things temporarily)
>Go to your desktop
>Double Click the zip folder you just downloaded
>Double Click the true type font file (christmas cheer takes a while to open, let it finish)
>Install (at the top of the window)

Note:
In my paint program the font is available immediately.

For my open office program to see new installed fonts, I have to reboot my computer. You may not have to with your computer or program.


Tip: When installing the font, take notice the name of the font. Sometimes its not the same as on the Dafont page. The font name you installed is what you will look for in your program's font list.

I use the OPEN OFFICE program in lieu of Microsoft Office because it is free. 
I was able to make my Gift Tag template in Open Office and save a Word document for you to use and insert your desired fonts.  It won't do me any good to post the tags I made above, because if you don't have the same fonts downloaded to your computer, you won't be able to see them as you see them here.
                             Download Gift Tag Template HERE.
******************
After you print your tags, cut them apart.
My old non-cloth cutting rotary, mat and ruler come in handy.
Then punch a hole in the corner for threading yarn or string.
I keep an eye out at yard sales, Goodwill and such for string, yarns, and such.  
Whatever you first might think to be ugly, just might work out later.  I found this red yarn on the Holly Lobby clearance self for about a $1.
*****************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

2 comments:

  1. love these! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Hope to see you sharing again this week. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.