Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pam's Quilts

      One of my future sister-in-laws is an inspiration to me.  As she takes a pause from going to school, she is making quilts among other things. Above is a gift for an upcoming wedding for a nephew.  I see nine patch squares with pictures using her technology abilities balanced by squares on 2 sides.
 
Pam also says this quilt was made of,
" batiks I've been collecting over the years. The quilting was mostly "in the ditch." I always sew a 4 or 5 inch rod pocket on the back in case the recipient chooses to hang it as art. I also create a quilt label in Word describing the quilt, who it was made for, my name, city and state and the year."
 




I also loved the St. Augustine Light House Wall hanging which she said she made for herself.  Pam has given away all the quilts she has made in the past and that's quiet a few quilts.
 This wall hanging was made with a kit found in St. Augustine.  
***************************

Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

3 comments:

  1. I see talent runs wide in your family :) These quilts are gorgeous, I'm sure the nephew will appreciate it. Funny how when you make stuff and give it all away then you have nothing to show, smart she kept one for herself. I never have a card in the house when I want to send one, ha ha. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one with the photos! What a wonderful keepsake! Thank you for sharing at All Things Pretty. She's very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired this kind of talent and your future sister-in-law definitely has it. These are lovely. Thanks for sharing your inspiring post on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.