Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wordless Wednesday #26 ~ University of KY Football


A few years ago, I had the opportunity to be a photographer on the UK Football field a couple of times with the help of a news reporter friend.  He loaned me one of his cameras and my little Casio tagged along.  Casio wasn't able to take action shots like he caught of guys flying in the air.  Here are some of my Casio shots.  Thus, the events for the yearning of my Nikon.



















Blurred, but love the moment of when our guys went to their knees for an opponent that had been badly hurt.

I've also been fortunate to  have a front row seat several times.  The season ticket seats belong to a special friend of mine.  Often this character comes around to visit.  Here I had asked, "SMILE," and this was his (her?) response.

The following pictures were taken by my news reporter friend.  I wish I could find his shots of the guys literally flying through the air.  You can tell he has a great camera.



6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun game to attend...
    Love these pics.

    Thanks so much for linking up our hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I'm usually at the home games. It'll be interesting to see if Joker can keep his job after this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, fun shots - it would be fun to be on the field during a game! I love the sport feature on my Canon - use it a lot! Thanks for joining WWA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots! I just love football season - although we really don't have great college ball up here in the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm so happy football season is here! I would be thrilled if I ever got the chance to photograph my LSU Tigers on the field!! And I have to say as much as I love LSU, I much prefer Kentucky's blue uniforms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post. must be a thrill to do such photographs. it's a reality we don't have in Portugal. here we have soccer and it can be dangerous because fans take it too serious. a lot of people is angry with their lifes and the game is were they release their anger. we usually say soccer is like a religion because of the addicts. I'm glad you had this opportunity and that you shared it here. hope you have a beautiful weekend. xxo

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.